Where are You Christmas?
10:43 | Author: Eboe
Today is the day that people can't wait to celebrate. Some people just want the day to be over with so stores don't look so Christmas-y. Christmas is a weird time for me. I love it and it means alot to me, but growing up, it wasn't the same for me as it was for other children.

My parents decided the year after I was born to stop putting up the tree and everything else that goes with modern Christmas traditions. I didn't grow up believing in Santa, I didn't wish anything for Christmas, I even remember receiving items from IGA for Christmas. I grew up knowing what Christmas was about. I knew about Baby Jesus and the Manger and Mary and The Three Wise men. But I am not writing this to be religious.

Christmas is the day to celebrate giving and family. It's a special time of year when 95% of the US is closed just to focus on something other than politics, war, all the turmoil around us.

I posted a few of my favorite Christmas songs. {stealing from a friend, love you Justin} What are your favorite Christmas songs? What movies do you regularly watch around this time, even if it not a Christmas-y movie? {I watch Sound of Music every Christmas night} And what did you get for Christmas? I'm gonna stop saying that word now
This entry was posted on 10:43 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: